Wow. What a year.
- 5 weightlifting competitions
- Started a Barbell Club for women
- Attended a Masters Olympic weightlifting camp at the Olympic Training Center
- Completed my USAW weightlifting performance coach certification
- Met some of lifting heros – Jon North, Travis Mash, Donny Shankle, Cara Heads Slaughter
- Attended the American Open
- Started the year with Outlaw Barbell programming, Ended it with joining the Dark Orchestra Online team and getting my program from Jared Enderton
- Got an Eleiko Barbell
Music: Saw Justin Timberlake, Weezer, Neil Finn and Queen with Adam Lambert, the Legwarmers
Learned a ton about movement the Train Like A Girl seminar weekend, Darkside strength, Juggernaut Training systems, Original Strength.
Decided to stop coaching CrossFit, Being a part of a TEAM of women for Mudderella, Rugged Maniac, Strong(wo)man camp, Paddleboarding, float tank, shooting a gun, an engagement, a new tattoo, going with friends to get their tattoos,a tattoo gallery in my bathroom, family, friends…
Colorado, Charlottesville,Kentucky, Italy, Canada
Writing for Barbell Daily, interviews, Fit Mom Revolution feature, Women of Strength book.
Oh. And realizing I am not a broken person. That was pretty big.
Of course these are the highlights, you don’t hear as much about my day to day struggles – fears, ups and downs, doubts, but the year was full of those as well. Its part of life – the human condition. I am proud of how I have grown and what I experienced in this past year. I am pretty pumped for whats ahead as well – more weightlifting, travels and tattoos.