Recently, I asked a group of women to share one thing that they loved about themselves.
There was some silence. Some murmurs of “I have no idea” “I need more time to think.”
I am guessing if I asked you to name something about your best friend, significant other, workout partner, etc you would be quick to start shouting out things that you loved.
Why is it we can’t do that as easily or openly about what we love about ourselves?
Just so you don’t think I am casting stones at others, I even noticed that when it was my turn to share, I suddenly felt awkward and it was hard to get my words out. I thought ‘Oh my, am I bragging? Am I talking too much about myself? IS IT OK FOR ME TO SAY THIS?!?’
YES IT IS OK!! I think like learning to accept a friggin’ complement. Learning to own and share what you love about you takes practice. So do it! Own it! KNOW what you love about yourself. You certainly know what you don’t love, shift that beautiful focus on to the parts of yourself that you know radiate and bring you strength and peace and happiness.
What I love about me:
- I am a damn good and loyal friend. I work on taking care of the important relationships in my life. It is what makes my life meaningful and worth while.
- I love being a cheerleader, advocate and source of strength when people don’t (yet!) believe in themselves.
- I love that I love working out. It takes very little motivation for me to get to the gym most days.
- I love that l love to learn for myself and to connect others with information that hopefully makes their life better.
- I love that my eyes change colors some times.
- I love that with out working on them I get GIGANTIC traps. 🙂
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOU?!?!?!?