Sometimes I forget. I forget that perfect isn’t the goal. I don’t make perfect food choices. I don’t have perfect workouts. I don’t say the perfect things. I don’t have a perfect body. I don’t have a perfect life.
When I forget that perfect isn’t the goal, I make myself unhappy. I am not very nice to me.
But then I breathe and remember. I bring my best when I can but it’s not perfect. I goof. Sometimes good enough is enough. Sometimes that is excellent. Life is messy and beautifully imperfect. And I love it that way.
Then I save the word perfect for things like:
– a day laughing and snuggling with my husband. Perfect day. ❤
– an Americano with the right amount of half and half and exactly the right temperature. Perfect coffee. ☕
– meeting someone else who is a great hugger and thrilled to be together. Perfect hug. 👩❤👩
– a workout when my back felt great and I gave all I could. Perfect workout. 🏋🏼
– a conversation with a friend where everything drops away and it is just me and them. Perfect chat. 👭
– being in the moment and awake and alive to all that is going on. Perfect moment. 😊
How does perfect show up for you? Do you allow for yourself not to be perfect but just show up with your best in the moment?